Road to being published.
1. Read my brains out for over 40 years in a ton of different genre.
2. Took part in Nanowrimo 2007. Wrote a fantasy novel that topped out at 120K. It was a lot of fun and rereading my work now, only moderately horrible. Chapter 12 was better than Chapter 2. Chapter 22 was even better.
3. Found out about ebooks in January. Read a whole bunch. Found some Sherrilyn Kenyon and Christine Feeham novels. Decided I could write something like that if I tried. Wrote a werewolf novel -Hidden Away- in March and gave it to a friend to read. She didn’t laugh out loud at me so I figured that was a good sign (love you, Sunshine!)
4. Saw the call for a humourous shifter anthology at Samhain due May 30. It was April 15. Decided to go for it anyway and using the world rules from -Hidden Away- I wrote -Taken for Granite-. There was no time between packing up the house to move to write the story and have anyone read it. Wrote a quick synopsis, having no idea what it was supposed to look like. Submitted on the deadline. My cover letter was embarrassing when I look at it now!!
5. June 16th Laurie said no but gave the story to Anne who gave me feedback June 23 (have I said recently how much I love your skills, Anne?) I revised while on holidays with the family in the Maritimes ? and resubmitted July 18th. August 21st Anne got back to me. She wanted to buy the story. But we needed to change the name.
6. August 23 I received contract info in the mail. Printed it out, filled it all in and returned it. Things like name/address etc as well as tax forms (damn Canadian/US tax laws anyway…) Started brainstorming for a new title.
7. August 27 sent a list of new titles to Anne with a bunch of questions about the process. We picked out –Wolf Signs- as a new title and –Granite Lake Wolves- for a series.
8. Sept 11 I received an email asking for information on cover art. I had to go BACK to the story to find out some of the info since I’ve been busy writing other things! This including writing a short novel summary for the artists to help them when they plan the cover.
9. Sept 27 my snail mail contract info was finally in at Samhain. I got the information I needed to join the Samhain Authors group, information about writing a bio and I had to write up a blurb, a tagline and a warning label. Someone will edit these but it gives them a place to start. Oh, and I also had to update the synopsis for the story since the original synopsis was for a 20K submission and the actual story is now 28K+
10. Oct 4 I sent Anne my most recent version of the manuscript. Then I found out through a writer friend about some writing no-no’s. Contacted Anne to see if she wanted me to clean up the ms more. Nope. Oct 6 she sent it back to me ready for first edits.
I had eight different areas to clean up including making the cabin where the story takes place clearer, and watching that I stayed consistent in a point of view. That was an eye opener- because my heroine is deaf I had occasions that I had to remove dialogue because she wouldn’t have been able to see it. Great exercise, I loved doing edits. The story is feeling tighter and cleaner all the time.
It was the first time that I used Words ‘Track Changes’. Great program!
11. Returned finished first edits Oct 10 and returned them. The pages where bright red with colour by the time I was done and the only way to read it properly was to save it as a PDF.
Anne gave me three weeks to do edits so she won’t be ready to do second edits for a bit. So now I wait. And I have to write up an author bio still. I image the edits will come right in the middle of Nanowrimo, but, hey, I love a challenge!!
The Adventure Continues…
Nowadays there is lot of unforeseen circumstance which force folk to take remedies. You can order medicines directly your office. In these latter days the stock you can find in online pharmacy is actually high. Some medications are as a rule used to treat many types of bacteria, such as tonsillitis and infections of the throat. Other ones are used to treat diabetes. Cialis is a remedy used to treat divers afflictions. What do you have to know about cialis order online? Presently many families search for the exact keyword ordering cialis online on the Internet. Perhaps you already read something about it. Having erectile disfunction can beyond doubt complicate romance. What can cause erectile malfunction? A row of psychological issues can produce erectile dysfunction. What should you discuss with a physician before taking Cialis? Any medication may cause dangerous side effects. Sometimes side effects can be actually dangerous. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medicine.