They always do Top Ten Lists at the end of the year, and so here’s mine for 2008.
THINGS ABOUT 2008 THAT ROCKED MY SOCKS
10. Finding out that I can order books online. Dangerous discovery for a book addict. I wonder if there’s an online reader anonymous I can join…
9. Learning that I can start with a tiny little trigger of an idea and end up later with a story that actually reads like a book I could pick up at the library. What a hoot!
8. Getting to experience the thrill of an acceptance letter and selling my first story.
7. Digging up the courage more than once to email a person I don’t know and start talking to them about writing. Getting great advice from them and learning there are incredible people in the business.
6. Being blow away by the talented artists who do book covers and banner, like my friend Val.
5. Learning that my weird sense of humour that occasionally gets me kicked out of places is a Godsend when it comes to writing. I write is kinda like Terry Prachett meets Lora Leigh. ?
4.Seriously, getting my first rejection letter and going back and –looking- at the story and seeing clearly why the no arrived. And going and making the story better.
3. Setting up a blog and checking to see where I’ve gotten hits from around the world. So far I’ve seen the usual like Canada and the US but also some fun ones like Sweden, Estonia, India, Singapore (hi RC!), France. The Netherlands and others. Maybe some of them are auto hits by computers but it’s still a thrill. (Okay, fine, small things excite me…)
2. Getting to read other authors work as they prepare it for submission. Very entertaining, very educational and very challenging. Makes me sweat!
1. All my new friends I’ve met through writing, from around the world. You really are the number one reason to be doing this!
Happy New Year to all and I look forward to an incredible 2009 as the adventure continues!
Nowadays there is lot of unforeseen circumstance which force people to take remedies. You can order medicines directly your office. In these latter days the stock you can find in online pharmacy is actually high. Some medications are as a rule used to treat many types of bacteria, such as tonsillitis and infections of the throat. Other ones are used to treat diabetes. Cialis is a remedy used to treat divers afflictions. What do you have to know about cialis order online? Presently many families search for the exact keyword ordering cialis online on the Internet. Perhaps you already read something about it. Having erectile malfunction can beyond doubt complicate romance. What can cause erectile malfunction? A row of psychological issues can produce erectile dysfunction. What should you discuss with a physician before taking Cialis? Any medication may cause dangerous side effects. Sometimes side effects can be actually dangerous. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medicine.