Another one bites the dust
The continuing story of publishing ins and outs.
1. Good news/bad news. The good news is I’m no longer on pins and needles waiting to hear if I made it into the Cowboy Anthology being put out by Samhain. Bad news is I didn’t make it in.
I’m fine with the decision. I know I still have a ways to go as I improve as a writer and while Rocky Mountain Heat is a good story it’s not perfect. The editor of the anthology made a few good comments about my work and passed the story over to my editor at Samhain.
This, I hear, is really good news because they don’t usually do that. Stories submitted that don’t make it don’t get passed on. Hmmm. So back to pins and needles? Lol!
2. With this news I’ve got some decisions to make about future anthology calls. I -like- submitting for anthologies but they might not be the best in the long run. I’m kind of using up all my good karma since it’s twice I’ve submitted to one and had my work passed on to another editor. Can lightning strike three times or more? Of course, if the book is good enough. But if the book is good enough then I should be able to simply submit it on it’s own.
I’m pondering this since I’m in the midst of writing the water shifter, Tidal Wave, intending it for the shifter call due March 1st, 2009. But I’m sitting at 20K right now with a max of 30K allowed I might be crowding the story to try and fit it in. And I think the story would be fun to submit to Anne, my editor at Samhain.
3. I’ve been starting to think about release day and promoting Wolf Signs. It seems very early to even start since it’s March 17 and a looooooooong time from now. But trying to arrange guest blog opportunities I’ve found slots already booked! So I’ve begun talking to a few people and will continue over the next couple of weeks. Once I have a few things lined up I’ll stop worrying about it until Feb rolls around. If you’re reading this and I can guest blog with you, let me know!! :)
4. I have to admit that right now I like the writing and the visiting with other writers/readers part the best of all the areas of publication. Even though every step has been fun, there’s something incredible about turning back a page and seeing a story that -I’ve- written. And the people are amazing!
5. Final note- my husband finished reading Wolf Signs. He said he liked the wolf fight at the end the best. He’s not into romance and I think the sex made him squirm. :) So cheers to him for reading it!!
Nowadays there is lot of unforeseen circumstance which force people to take remedies. You can order medicines directly your office. In these latter days the stock you can find in online pharmacy is actually high. Some medications are as a rule used to treat many types of bacteria, such as tonsillitis and infections of the throat. Other ones are used to treat diabetes. Cialis is a remedy used to treat divers afflictions. What do you have to know about cialis order online? Presently many families search for the exact keyword ordering cialis online on the Internet. Perhaps you already read something about it. Having erectile dysfunction can beyond doubt complicate romance. What can cause erectile dysfunction? A row of psychological issues can produce erectile disfunction. What should you discuss with a physician before taking Cialis? Any curing may cause dangerous side effects. Sometimes side effects can be actually dangerous. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your remedy.